YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme for Fishermen Welfare in Andhra Pradesh 2019-20 [Amount, Eligibility, Application Form]
Due to the coastal location of Andhra Pradesh, a high percentage of people are associated with fishing activities. It is their main occupation. The previous state authorities had not done much for the development of these fishing communities. The present state government has launched a new program by the name of YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme. The beneficiaries of this scheme will acquire financial assistance from the state coffers to sustain their lives. This article sheds light on the features, eligibility and the documents, which are required to become beneficiaries.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||16th Oct|
|Date of implementation||21st Nov|
|Implementation occasion||World Fisheries Day|
|Target beneficiaries||Needy fishermen in the state|
|Supervised by||Andhra Pradesh Fisheries Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the fishing communities – The scheme has been launched with the hope of developing the occupation and living standards of the fishermen in the state with financial assistance.
- Grant for the fishermen – The scheme guidelines suggest that the beneficiaries of this project will acquire Rs. 10000 from the state government for bettering their occupation.
- Financial assistance during n-fishing span – The no fishing season starts from 15th April every. This span lasts for 60 days. The Chief Minister of the state has announced a special financial grant for the no fishing season. Every beneficiary will attain Rs. 4000 in their registered bank accounts.
- Subsidized diesel cost – If the applicant possesses a fishing boat, then the state government will offer diesel at lower rates. The price of fuel will be lashed by 50% to lessen the financial burdens.
- Catamaran users are included – Some of the fishermen still utilize the traditional fishing tools and gears. The catamaran is one such equipment. Apart from the fishermen who have invested in modern tools, traditional gear users will also be able to enroll for this scheme.
Eligibility for the scheme
- Must be legal resident of AP – The candidate must be a legal resident of the state. He must be a permanent inhabitant in this area to enroll for the perks.
- Fishing must be main occupation – It has been clearly stated in the scheme draft that only those applicants will be able to register who are associated with fishing activities as their main occupation.
- Members of fishing community – It is mandatory for the applicant to be a member of any of the fishing communities in the state.
- Own fishing boat – Some of the fishermen have access to fishing boats. In such cases, the vessel must be purchased and registered in the name of the applicant.
- Access to bank account – All monetary transfers will be done via the DBT mode. Thus, it is mandatory for the applicant to have access to an active bank account where the grant money will be deposited.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – Only the applicants, who possess official domicile documents, which highlight that he is a legal resident of AP, will be considered for this Scheme.
- Aadhaar card – It is mandatory for all the interested applicants to offer a copy of their Aadhar cards to the authorities.
- Certification of livelihood – The Fisheries Department issues a certificate for the members of the fishing community who are associated with this occupation. The applicants need to offer a copy of this document.
- Fishing boat registration documents – If the applicant wants to avail the subsidy perks for the boat, he must submit the fishing boat registration papers.
- Details of the bank account – All grant transfers will be completed through the banks. The applicants will have to provide the necessary bank documents, which highlight the account number and other important details.
How to acquire application form and register for the scheme?
The welfare scheme has been announced in October. The Chief Minister has not yet outlines the application process for this project. No official announcements have been made that shed light on the application steps as well. When the state government makes the necessary declarations, you will get the update on our website.
The scarcity of the fishes in the seas and oceans makes it difficult for the fishermen to maintain a regular income. The welfare scheme will help them with easing the financial burden to some extent. The state government has also stated that it will take the necessary measures to fix the selling price of the catch in the wholesale fish markets. It will reduce the chances of financial losses for the fishermen. The authority is hopeful that this scheme will play a pivotal role in improving the condition of the fishermen in the state.
- YSR Mana Badi Nadu Nedu Scheme AP
- AP YSR Nethanna Hastham Nestham Scheme
- AP YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme Second Phase