YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019-20 [Application Form Process, Eligibility Criteria, Free Eye Checkup]
Before the election, the current CM of the state has promised that his government will try and elevate the health care sector. He has recently announced that the people of the state will soon attain free eye checkup and surgeries, sponsored by the state government. In order to make these services, easily available for the common residents, the government has announced the implementation of YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme. In this article you will read about the salient features, eligibility and documents related details of this scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||September 2019|
|Official launch date||10th Oct 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||All residents of the state|
|Supervised by||Medical and Health Department Of Andhra Pradesh|
Key features of the YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme AP
- Ensuring safety of eyes – The eyes are one of the most vital organs of the body. People who cannot see have to face lots of difficulties. The state government has implemented this scheme to increase awareness among the people. Additionally, it will help people with eye ailments to get better soon with proper treatment.
- Free eye testing – The residents of the state will get the opportunity to get their eyes tested for free of cost.
- Eye glass distribution – After the eye examination, the doctors will be able to detect the ocular power of the patients. If it can be corrected with eye glasses, then the eye centers will distribute the proper spectacles for them.
- Ocular surgeries – It has been mentioned in the scheme details that in case the applicant requires any ocular surgeries, then the state government, along with the eye institutes will arrange for the operations.
- Implementation is separate stages – The state government has highlighted that for the proper implementation of this scheme, the scheme will be divided into two distinct stages.
- Details of the first implementation stage – The eye examination of the school children will be completed during the first stage of scheme implementation. The stage will be divided into two separate phases. From 10th October, 2019, the doctors will be reaching out to the pupils of standard one to standard ten. This phase will be completed within a week. The second phase will last for two months, and it will commence from 1st November. During this span, the children, who suffer from serious eye issued will be subjected to more clinical examinations.
- Details of the second implementation stage – As per the reports, the Andhra Pradesh government will flag off the commencement of the second stage of implementation from 1st February, 2020. The second stage will be segmented in four distinct phases. The time span, for the completion of each phase will be six months. Thus, the second implementation stage will continue till 2022.
- Estimated beneficiary number – As per the reports, which have been published by the state health department shed light on the fact that around 5.3 crore individuals, from all age groups, will be included in the eye screening scheme.
- Amount allocated by the state government – A massive eye examination scheme like this requires significant financial backing. Chief Minister has instructed a financial allocation, amounting to Rs. 560 crore. It will be utilized for organizing eye testing camps, eye glass distribution and ocular surgeries.
- Eye institutes – It is impossible for the state government to implement the scheme without the assistance of eye care establishments and non-profit organizations. The entire scheme will be organized and monitored by the LV Prasad Eye Institute. Arvind Eye Hospitals, Asram Medical College and Shankara Eye Foundation, are some organizations, which will work alongside the state government.
Eligibility for the YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme AP
- Residents of Andhra Pradesh – The scheme will offer the benefits to those individuals who are living in the state legally and permanently.
- No age bar – The scheme has a lower age limit of 5 to 6 years, but there is no upper age limit for the interested applicants who want to get their eyes tested.
- No caste bar – People from all castes and religions will be able to apply for the free eye screening scheme.
- No bar on financial background – Interested candidates, belonging to the affluent strata as well as those who fall below the poverty line will be equally capable of attaining the free eye scanning.
- Free eyeglasses and surgery for needy people – The state government will make a list of the patients who do not have the monetary capabilities of make an eyeglass or opt for the necessary eye surgery. These patients will get free eyeglasses and surgery facilities.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – If any person, who lives in Andhra Pradesh, wants to get this scheme’s benefits, then he/she must possess official residential documents, issued by AP state government.
- Aadhar card – All applicants need to submit a copy of their Aadhar card, during the primary eye examination.
How to Apply for YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme AP
When the scheme will be rolled out, it will start with the eye examinations of the young school students. Eye specialist, from the respective centers will be dispatched in the educational institutes. The checkup sessions will be organized the school premises. Thus, pupils need not go through any enrollment process. The state Chief Minister has not come out with an official declaration that sheds light on the application process for the adults. It is also not clear how patients, who will need spectacles or surgeries, must enroll their names under the YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme. Once the state government offers answers to these registration-related questions, we will update the information on this portal immediately.
A similar scheme has also been implemented in the state of Telangana. The state government had announced that they had received an overwhelming response for this scheme. The Andhra Pradesh government will soon launch this scheme with the hopes of reaching out to the people of the state. Some of the eye operations are very expensive, and outside the reach of needy people. With the implementation of this project, such applicants will be able to get the necessary surgeries free of cost.
Other links –
- Biju Shishu Surakshya Yojana Odisha
- Kayaka Loan Scheme in Karnataka
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme in Andhra Pradesh List
- AP YSR Government Schemes List 2019