YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme in AP 2019-20 [Eligibility, Premium, Last date, Application Form, Farmer List, Enroll]
The YSR Crop Insurance Scheme has been launched by Andhra Pradesh government aiming to benefit near about 70 lakh farmers. The main objective of the scheme is to help state farmers, mainly from the impacts of natural calamity. However, the scheme benefits will be extended to 22 varieties of crops from Kharif season to others. Here, farmers will not have to deposit any premium amount for the scheme benefits. Instead, it will be borne by the state government. Go through the following part of the article to grasp a better idea about the entitled scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of scheme |
|YSR Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Target group of scheme|
|Main objective of the scheme|
|Help poor farmers mainly during natural calamities|
|Scheme launched in |
|Scheme announced by |
|CM Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of scheme launch |
|Amount for applying under the scheme is||Rupee 1|
|Last date||21 Aug|
What are the highlighting features of the scheme?
- Main aim of the scheme – The main objective of YSR Crop Insurance Scheme is to help state farmers mainly at the time of natural calamities. However, 22 different varieties of crops of Kharif season will be included within this scheme.
- Target group of the scheme – The poor farmers are the target group of the scheme. Under this, 56 lakh hectares of land will be covered. Near about 70 lakh farmers will be benefitted under the scheme.
- Premium amount – Farmers do not have to give any premium amount to avail scheme benefits. Instead, the farmers only have to pay rupee 1 to enroll for these crop insurance schemes. The government will give the premium amount on behalf of the farmers.
What are the eligibility criteria for the scheme?
- Residential proof – The YSR Crop Insurance Scheme has been launched in Andhra Pradesh and so only the farmers of Andhra Pradesh are eligible to get the scheme benefits.
- Income limit for farmers – No such income limit or land owing limit has yet been set by the state government for the farmers to get scheme benefits. But four crops, namely cotton, sugar cane, paddy, and millets, are covered in the scheme.
Documents required under the scheme
- Residential proof – The farmer has to submit a proper document to support the claim that they are native of Andhra Pradesh as this applies only to farmers of the state. However, farmers from other countries cannot get insurance benefits.
- Income details – The farmers have to show documents related to their total land at the time of registration under the scheme. Also, they have to justify that they are farming in the crop categories mentioned above to get the scheme perks.
- Bank details – The bank documents such as bank account number, IFSC code, including other bank details, should be given during online registration. The bank account will be linked so that the government can provide financial assistance and credit the premium money under the scheme directly in the linked bank account of the farmer.
Online application Form procedure of scheme
The last date of enrolment under the scheme is 21st August. The farmers opting to apply under the scheme after this date cannot submit their registration. The state government is yet to declare the procedures of registration under the scheme.
The state government has already initiated the budgetary allocations for the scheme. Reviewing flood damages of recent past, it can be said that near about 2456 hectares of paddy fields have been damaged in around 85 villages that covered in 15 mandals. However, due to this situation, the state government has asked to remove weeds that will help in the easy flow of obstructed flood water. Along with the crop insurance scheme, the state government is also planning to help by different fertilizers to farmers.
Other links –
- Mo college campaign Odisha
- ई-आधार कार्ड ऑनलाइन कैसे डाउनलोड करें?
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme AP Form
- YSR Cheyutha Scheme in AP Eligibility