Taali Bhagya Scheme in Karnataka 2020-21 [Application Form Download, Eligibility, List, Mass Marriage in Hindu Temple
Marriage marks the start of a new chapter in the lives of young couples. But it is not easy for the families to arrange money for making the necessary arrangements. The Karnataka government has come forward to assist the needy Hindu families with financial assistance under the Taali Bhagya Scheme. The state government promises necessary funding for the marriages, which will take place in popular temples. In this article, you will get scheme and application related details.
|Name of the scheme||Taali Bhagya Scheme|
|Launched by||H. D. Kumaraswamy|
|Similar scheme launched previously||Shaadi Bhagya Scheme|
|Official implementation date||Soon|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor Hindu couples|
|Supervised by||Muzrai Department in Karnataka|
|Application process||Offline application|
Key features of the scheme
- Assistance to poor families – The primary aim of the Karnataka government is to elevate the condition of the needy families. The financial grant will lessen the burden from the shoulders of the bride and the groom families.
- Financial grant for the bride – The beneficiary brides will be entitled to receive Rs. 10000 financial grant from the Karnataka government.
- Financial grant for the groom – The state government will deposit Rs. 5000 in the bank account that is in the name of the groom.
- Mass Hindu marriages – The temples will arrange the marriage ceremony for many couples at the same time. Thus, it will be a mass marriage ritual.
- Date of the mass marriage ceremony – The state officials of the respective department have already fixed the dates for the mass marriages. It will be held on the 26th April 2020 and 24th may 2020.
- Temples as marriage venues – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that the marriages will be organized in the popular temples in the state. Such temples will be chosen, which have the financial resources to conduct the ceremonies.
- Number of temples – For the time being, the state government has already made a list that consists of the names of 100 preferred temples.
- Number of beneficiaries – The Chief Minister was happy to announce that the scheme will help 1000 couples to get married and offer the perks of this welfare project.
- Contribution of the temples – The selected temples will contribute a sum of Rs. 55,000 on every couple. Apart from this, the temple will also pay the money to acquire Taalis or mangalsutras for the bride.
- Cost and weight of the mangalsutra – The cost of each Taali or mangalsutra will be Rs. 40,000. The estimated weight of the gold Taali is 8 grams.
- Apply before one month – The interested couples need to submit their applications around 30 days before they dates, which have been schedules by the state government.
Eligibility for the scheme
- Residents of the state – The welfare marriage project has been designed and developed for those brides and grooms who live in this state permanently and legally.
- Financial weak background – The scheme will allow the participation of such brides and grooms, whose families do not have the money to meet the nuptial expenses.
- Must be a Hindu – It is mandatory for both the bride and the groom to be Hindus by religion as the marriages will take place in temples.
- Age requirement – The state Chief Minister has already announced that the bride must complete the age of 18 years and the groom must have completed the age of 21 years to become scheme beneficiaries.
- Presence of the parents is a must – If the parents of the bride and/or the groom cannot come to the venue on the date of the wedding, then the couple will not be considered eligible for the benefits.
- Access to bank accounts – The state Cm has highlighted that the interested applicants should open bank accounts before they enroll for this scheme for easy access to the grant money.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – The scheme only offers the benefits to the couples if they possess authorized residential proofs. These documents highlight that the applicants are legal inhabitants of Karnataka.
- Aadhar cards of the couples – The scheme requires the couple to furnish a copy of their Aadhar cards with the registration form.
- Age proof – Both the bride and the groom must submit the copies of their age proof certificates with the enrollment form.
- Financial background certificate – It is mandatory for the bride and the groom families to offer official documents, which highlight that they lack the financial capabilities to meet the marriage expenses.
- Caste certificate – As the scheme has been designed and developed for providing financial assistance to Hindu couples, the bride and the groom must submit copies of their religious certificates.
- Bank account details – Bank account details of both the bride and the groom must be mentioned so that the state government can deposit the allocated grants in their respective accounts.
How to get application form and register for the perks?
- Departmental application –
The state government has mentioned that the application process will be conducted offline. The interested candidates will have to go to the respective department.
- Collecting the form –
The department officials will give the applicants the registration form. No money will be charges for this form.
- Form fill-up –
The candidates need to mention their personal details in the form. The photograph of the couple must be attached in the correct space.
- Attach documents –
The photocopies of the necessary documents must be attached with the enrollment form.
- Submission of application form –
The applicants will be instructed to submit the form at a specific counter.
- Scrutiny of the forms –
Once all the forms have been submitted, the official will check the details of the applicants
- Beneficiary selection –
It is the responsibility of the officials to select and make a list of the beneficiaries. It will be sent to the office of deputy commissioner of the respective district for approval.
The scheme will be launched soon. It is a unique scheme that allows financial weak families to celebrate the wedding of their daughters and sons. The mass marriages will be done according to the Hindu rituals. The senior pandits will keep a tab on all the activities.
- YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme AP
- YSR Adarsham Scheme AP
- How to Apply for Kayaka Scheme
- Raitara Sala Manna Status