Smartphone Distribution Scheme to Anganwadi workers and Early Childhood Care Curriculum in Delhi 2019-20 [Mobile App, Application Form]
Primary health care for the people is one of the main concerns of the Delhi government. Additionally, it also strives to ensure that the children get the necessary nutrition they need. This will help them to develop properly. To ensure these, the Delhi government has announced that it will offer smartphones to Anganwadi workers under the Smartphone Distribution Scheme. Apart from this, the launch of Early Childhood Care Curriculum has also been made official.
|Name of the schemes||Smartphone Distribution Scheme and Early Childhood Care Curriculum|
|Launched by||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Date of launch||August 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Anganwadi workers and children|
|Supervised by||Integrated Child Development Services|
Key features of the mobile distribution scheme
- Developing the record keeping process – Thousands of children, pregnant women and lactating mothers are served by the Anganwadi workers. Manually keeping track of so many people becomes a tedious and time-consuming task. The smartphones will help them to switch from manual to digital record-keeping.
- Real-time monitoring – The smartphones will come in handy to record and send data in real time basis. It will aid and speed up the monitoring procedure.
- Number of smartphones to be given out – The Delhi health authority has declared that under the smartphone distribution project, around 10,000 Anganwadi workers will get new smartphones.
- Digital entry system – The introduction of the smartphones and applications pave the path for technology. A separate digital record entry system can be created to help the Anganwadi workers for data collection and management.
- Proper service delivery – The use of these smartphones will also help the Anganwadi workers to report the current status of service delivery. They will also be able to send a message to the supervisors and report instances of lack of service delivery, on time.
- Taking snaps of kids – The smartphone distribution will help the Anganwadi workers to click pictures of all children and lactating mothers, who have been registered under the schemes. They can send these pictures to the supervisors for accessing the development rate.
Key features of Childhood Care Curriculum
- Better mental and physical development of children – With the implementation of the Childhood Care Curriculum, the Delhi government wants to ensure that all children have proper mental and physical development.
- Providing adequate nutrition – The primary aim of this curriculum is to ensure that the nutritional level among children is high. Stress will be put on those children, who come from poor families. The Delhi authority will take the responsibility to provide nutritional food and supplements for these children.
- Ensuring cognitive and emotional balance – The medical workers, monitoring the progress of the children, will ensure that there is parity between the emotional progress and cognitive abilities.
- Encouraging creative development – Enhancement of the mental and physical development of the children, are not the only two features of the scheme. The medical workers will only also ensure that the children, registered under this scheme are getting the encouragement they need to develop their creativity.
- Age of the children – It has been decided that children who fall in the age groups of 6 months to 7 years will receive the special care. 1.13 lakh beneficiaries are already receiving similar benefits.
- Attention to lactating mothers – Special attention will also be paid to ensure that the lactating mothers get enough nourishment so that they can nurse the babies properly.
Eligibility to become parts of the scheme
- Registered Anganwadi workers – Only those Anganwadi workers will be able to apply and attain the smartphones who have been officially associated with the operations. If these workers do not possess the Anganwadi registration papers, then they will not get the smartphones.
- Registered children and lactating women – If children and nursing mothers desire the benefits of the Childhood Care Curriculum scheme, then their names must be registered at the nearest Anganwadi center.
- Residents of Delhi – It is mandatory that the Anganwadi workers and children, desirous of being a part of these two schemes respectively, must be legal residents of Delhi. They must have the required documents to support their claims.
- Belonging to weak financial backgrounds – The Childhood Care Curriculum will include such children who belong to financially weak households.
Application Form Process –
There is no need to apply for this scheme. Government will provide information about this scheme to all Anganwadi in Delhi. From there they will get free mobile phone.
Launch of special apps
Apart from the announcement of the above-mentioned projects, the Delhi government has launched two separate smartphone applications. These two will come in handy for the better implementation and monitoring of these projects. The names of these two apps are AWW App and Lady Supervisor App.
The AWW App will help the Anganwadi workers to collect and maintain records. This record collection will be done for every house. The registration of the members will be done and their Aadhar card details will also be collected. Apart from monitoring the data in real-time, the Anganwadi workers will also be able to keep a tab on the beneficiaries who are receiving the benefits, and areas, where the benefits need to be supplied. The app will also help them to take and send snaps of children and attach photographic evidence of their development.
As the name suggests, the Lady Supervisor App is only for those who occupy the post of the supervisor of the Anganwadi centers. Apart from monitoring the data and progress of the registered children, the app will help the supervisors to connect with the Anganwadi workers on real-time basis. As the app will store and give supervisors access to data, collected from all Anganwadi centers, they will be able to identify those centers, which are lagging behind.
Other links –
- YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme in AP
- Didi Ke Bolo Campaign in WB
- e-Dharti Geo Portal
- Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana in MP Form