Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana In Punjab (SSBY) 2019-20 (Universal Health Insurance Scheme) [Online Application Form, Eligibility, List Download, How to check Beneficiary Name Status, Empanelled Hospital list]
The Chief Minister of Punjab has recently announced that the state authority is all ready to launch the much-awaited health insurance scheme that has been named Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana. Common people of the state, who are financially incapable of paying for expensive treatments procedures, will be benefitted by this scheme. The central authority has assured the state government that it will assist with the treatment payments of the beneficiaries. When any registered beneficiary gets treatment from the listed hospitals, the total medical bill will be sent to the state as well as central departments. 60% of the total expenditure will paid by central authority, while Punjab government needs must contribute 40% only.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Ayushman bharat – Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana|
|Launched by||Captain Amarinder Singh|
|Date of announcement||2019|
|Launch date||1st July 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Common people of the state|
|Supervised by||Punjab State Government|
Key features of the Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Punjab
- Developing the medical facilities – The medical sector in Punjab, especially in the villages, need significant improvement. Each day, medical treatment is becoming expensive. While the rich can afford it, the same is not valid for the poor. The scheme will offer free treatment to all needy people.
- Free treatment for the applicants –Many residents of the state do not possess the financial power to pay for necessary medical therapy in the hospitals. This scheme aims at changing this sorry state with a promise of free treatment. As the state government will pay for the treatment, financially weak candidates will no longer have to worry about hefty medical bills.
- Treatment capping amount – Each year, registered beneficiaries and his/her family members will get free treatment worth five lakhs. The treatment of all the family members will be done from the same account.
- Insurance validity – The free treatment insurance scheme will remain valid for one year. After the completion of one year, applicants can re-apply for getting the same benefits by enrolling once again.
- Rural and urban applicants – People, living in the villages, suburb and the cities can apply for this scheme.
- A total number of beneficiaries – The state government estimates that after the successful implementation of the scheme, around 43.18 lakh households will be directly benefitted.
- Government and private medical organizations – Majority of the hospitals, which are run and aided by the Punjab government, will be listed to offer free treatment to the beneficiaries. Apart from this, patients who require extensive medical care that is only available at the private nursing homes can get free treatment in any of the 364 enlisted private medical organizations.
- Secondary and tertiary treatment – The free treatment scheme is only for those patients who are suffering from secondary or tertiary ailments. If any beneficiary has the primary disease, then he/she will not attain free treatment.
Eligibility and documents necessary for Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Punjab application
- Residents of Punjab – The scheme has been implemented for the benefit of the Punjab residents. If the person is not a permanent and legal resident of the state, then his/her application will be rejected. Thus, the submission of proper residential proof documents is a must.
- No age bar – There is no age restriction. Applicants, belonging to all age groups will be entitled to get the free treatment facility.
- For LIGs – The scheme has mainly been implemented for the assistance of poor and lower income groups. Applicants, with BPL or LIG certificates, need to submit these documents.
- No religious segmentation – People of all religions will be able to enroll for the scheme.
- For families of all sizes – There is no capping on the number of family members, who will be able to get the free treatment. Small, medium, and large families will be allowed to attain the perks equally.
- The ID of the applicants – It has been highlighted in the scheme draft that it is mandatory for the interested and eligible applicants to bring their ID proof for registration. The only ID proof document that the agents will ask for is their Aadhar Cards. This pass offers personal, residential and biometric details all at once.
- Punjab Mandi Board members – 5 to 7 lakh agricultural workers, have registration certificates, issued by the Punjab Mandi Board. Any family which comes under this category will also be allowed to attain the benefits of this project.
- Blue Card holders – There are many families in the state, which have been categorized as financially very weak. To help these families, Punjab government issued Blue Cards. A total of 20.48 lakh families possess this special pass. All Blue pass holders will be directly included in the free treatment scheme.
- Households that come under ETD – Around 46,000 households fall under the Excise and Taxation Department. Such families will also attain the benefits of the scheme if they can submit related papers.
- Workers Welfare Board members – Construction workers must get their registration certificates from the Workers Welfare Board to get the benefits of schemes, which the state implements for them separately. 2.38 lakh families have this certification, and they can also apply to get the benefits of Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana.
How to get the registration form and apply for the Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Punjab?
- Though the Punjab government has not made any announcements regarding the application process of the project, it is easy to assume that it will be in line with the Ayushman Bharat application.
- Eligible applicants have to go to any of the empaneled government hospitals.
- Here, special application counters will be set up to enroll as many candidates as possible.
- Applicants must bring their Aadhar cards with them for the application. This document will be used to verify the claims of the candidates.
- Once the candidate reaches the application counter, he/she will have to hand over the Aadhar card.
- The registration agent will record the details of the applicant like name, age, address, and contact details on the database.
- Then the agent will check the biometric information.
- Once the applicant’s details match with the data available on the central database, the applicants will fill in a digitized form.
- Once the form fill-up is complete, the enrollment agent will print out a pass, with the details of the applicant.
- When the candidate requires medical attention, he/she needs to show the scheme pass at the government or enlisted private hospital, and the doctors will start the treatment for free.
- The state government did not launch a separate site for the scheme yet. It is expected that a portal will be launched soon so that applicants can check the beneficiary list, and acquire information about the impaneled hospitals.
After the central government announced the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, the Punjab government started gearing up for the implementation of a similar scheme, only for the residents of this state. After the blueprint of the project was ready, it was checked by the respective departments to ensure its flawlessness. The massive structure of the scheme compels the state authority to take necessary precautions to ensure that the implementation takes place without any hiccups. After all, the state government had promised the common people of Punjab that they will get free and quality treatment easily.
Other links –
- Mukhyamantri Arthik Kalyan Yojana Madhya Pradesh in Hindi
- e-Dharti Geo Portal
- Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana Form
- Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana Online