Punjab mSewa Mobile App Download – Check List of 29 Online Services of 8 Departments
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has stated on various occasions that the central and the state governments need to bridge the information gap between the people. Electronic governance is the best way to accomplish this task. Keeping in line with the wishes of the Prime Minister, the government of Punjab has taken a comprehensive step. Under the watchful eyes of the Department of Governance Reforms and Public Grievance, a new mobile app has been launched in Punjab. The name of this application is Punjab mSewa Mobile App.
Importance of the Punjab mSewa Mobile App
People, using Android mobile phones will be able to download and install this application. No fee will be charged from the user for downloading this application. The users will be able to get access to 29 portal based government services. 8 separate Punjab government departments have been included in the scheme. The users will be able to apply for the government schemes via this app. Apart from this; they can use the application to track the current status of the application. Additionally, if any person wants to register a complaint, they can file in the grievance with the help of this unique government application.
How to download the Punjab mSewa Mobile App from Google Play Store?
- App link – Any interested applicant can access the app from the official application link. For this, the candidate must click on the link https://esewa.punjab.gov.in/m-sewa/apppage.html.
- App specifications – In a bid to improve the app services, the Punjab government has updated its features. The 22 MB new app version was launched on 8th January, 2020. The current app version is 1.0.4 and it will work on all Android mobile phones which have an OS of 4.4 or above.
- App downloads – When the app link opens, the user must register and download the app.
How to download the Punjab mSewa Mobile App from Apple Play Store?
- App link for Apple users – The Punjab Chief minister stated that people who are using Apple mobile phones can also download the app. They need to click on the link https://apps.apple.com/in/app/punjab-msewa/id1493767393.
- App specifications – The interface of the app for Apple users is slightly different. The app takes up 73.78 MB space. The applicant can select either Punjabi or English as per language preference. The Apple mobiles, iPad and iPod must have an operating system that is either 9.0 version or above.
Government departments which are included in the mSewa App
- Family & Welfare
- Social justice & Empowerment and Minorities
- School Education
- Punjab Police
- Employment Generation and Training
- Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority
- Punjab State Agricultural Marketing Board
Online services available via the mSewa App
- Checking the eligibility for Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
- Listed hospitals that come under this scheme
- Videos that highlight health problems and adolescence-related issues
- Emergency Online services
- Certificate for people living in backward areas
- Certificate for people living in boarder areas
- Certificate for Kandi Area residents
- Certificate for Bet Area residents
- Searching Jamabandi or Mutation details
- Results of PSEB
- School E-Content
- Details on General Caste Certificate Insurance
- Help Note
- Downloading the copy of the FIR
- Viewing the status of a complaint
- Viewing the status of the Passport
- Character verification services
- Verification for the Military services
- Verification for civil services
- Verification for the employees
- Clearance verification issued by the police
- Details of unclaimed vehicles
- Issuing NOC for firearm dealers
- Issuing NOC for petrol pump owners
- Issuing NOC for use of loudspeakers
- Issuing NOC for Addition Deletion Weapon
- Information about the status of lost automobiles
- Apni Mandi Rates
- Possession information under ‘Know Your Property’ service
How to register for m-Sewa App?
Once the person has downloaded the app, he/she needs to register the active mobile number in the particular field. It will trigger the system to generate an OTP for the purpose of verification. The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number via SMS. The user must type in this OTP and activate the verification process.
Once the verification is complete, the user can log in on the application by typing in the same mobile numbers and a preferred password. It will activate the app and the user will be able to browse through the various options on the app dashboard. They can click on the tab of a particular state government department and access the online services that have been included in the app.
The Punjab government is hopeful that the mobile app will make it easy for the users to avail the various schemes. The app also gives them access to pertinent information. Application via this app will eliminate the need to queue up in front of the government offices.