Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (Blue Revolution) 2020-21 [PM Fishery Scheme, PMMSY, Application Form Online Download]
Lack of infrastructure has been a long problem for advancement in the fishing sector. This has a great impact on the fishermen as they are unable to expand selling of fishing items. So, to cover up for the lack, the central government has made a proposal in the Union Budget 2019 to improve the condition. It has announced to promote the condition of the Blue Revolution. So, by proper implementation of the scheme, India will get better options to deal with fish and aquatic items. This needs marketing and infrastructure support of the government. Below mentioned are some relevant details of the entitled scheme and the steps in which the fisherman can opt for benefits under the scheme.
|Name of the scheme||PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
|Target group of scheme||Fisheries sector
|Scheme has been launched by||Central government in Union budget 2019
|Main objective of scheme||Improvement of aquatic and fish products
Key Features of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Main aim of scheme – To cover up for the massive infrastructure gap in the fishing sector, the above-said scheme has been launched by the initiative of the central government. For this suitable marketing, policy and infrastructure support would be required for the help of the fisheries sector.
- Target audience of the scheme – The fisheries sector is the target audience of the scheme. Through the scheme benefits, aquaculture would be promoted, and fishermen will get easy sources of funds by means of this scheme.
- Amount allotment of the scheme – An amount of rupees 7,522 crores will be given by PM Modi led Cabinet committee that would help in improving Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund or FIDF.
- Better funding for the scheme – The central government is also planning to attract private funding sources to get a better contribution to the fishing industry. In addition to this, the government is planning to deploy top-notch technologies that would automatically improve the functioning of the fishing sectors.
However, by this scheme, the fishing industry would be improved, and this would help India to win the first position in fish production.
Eligibility criteria and documents required in the scheme
- Income of fisherman –Though no such income limit has been set for the fisherman to apply for the scheme benefits, the central government might ask for relevant documents of income certificate at the time of online registration under the scheme.
- Identity proof – The fisherman has to submit relevant documents of identity proof such as voter ID card or Aadhaar card at the time of online registration for scheme. It would also be required in support of the claim that the person is employed in the fishing sector.
- Other than this, the fisherman has to submit documents related to a bank account. This would help to link the bank account with the scheme as the beneficiary amount will be directly credited to the bank account.
Details of online application procedure of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
Since this is a newly launched scheme, no such procedure for online application has come up yet. But as soon as it comes up, the beneficiaries will be the first to know about it. For the same, the beneficiaries have to stay updated with the online portal of the above-said scheme.
The central government has made arrangements for fund sources that would be required to improve the fishing infrastructure that would include certain developments in the fishing industry. The fund would help both the inland fisheries and marine sector adequately. However, the central government is planning to boost up fish production by 15 million tonnes by 2020. So, by this scheme, it would be possible for the central government to build a robust network of fisheries management. The government would also help fishermen in post-harvest times.
Other links –
- PM Karam Yogi Maandhan Yojana
- Vahli Dikri Yojana in Gujarat
- PM Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- The Role of Guardian in SSY