Mukhyamantri Kirayedaar Bijli Meter Yojana Delhi 2019-20 [How to Apply, Eligibility] [Prepaid Meter to Tenants]
Not all people have their own homes in the country’s capital. Individuals come and settle in this area for several reasons. They opt for rental lodging and have to pay a monthly fee to the landlords. These tenants also pay extra for the electricity they consume, but the landlords get the benefits of the subsidy schemes. To put a stopper to this, the Chief Minister of Delhi has announced a new scheme that puts the power in the hands of the tenants. Under the Mukhyamantri Kirayedar Bijli Meter Yojna, people living on rent can get a different power meter that records the tenant’s unit consumption. In this article, you will read about the features, eligibility, and the application process of the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Mukhyamantri Kirayedaar Bijli Meter Yojna|
|Launched by||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Date of announcement||September 2019|
|Date of official launch||Soon|
|Target beneficiaries||Tenants living in Delhi|
Key features of the scheme
- Benefit of the tenants – The main objective of this program is to stop the landlords from taking extra money from the tenants. Once the pre-paid power meter scheme is rolled out, tenants can attain the power subsidy benefits.
- Pre-paid power meter installation – The scheme offers a prepaid power meter for the people who live on rent in Delhi. The person must pay the power company for the necessary units in advance.
- Domestic power meter only – Domestic applicants will be entertained under this scheme. It is not available for business owners who operate out of a rented unit.
- Security money – All applicants must pay Rs. 3000 in advance to the electricity supply company. It is a security deposit for the machine. Once the money has been paid, the unit recorder will be installed.
- Free units – The power supplying company will not take any money from the people who have this meter, if the monthly unit consumption is within 200 unit.
- Subsidized chargeable units – The power bill will be calculated as per the subsidized rates, if the unit consumption is more than 200 but less than 400. It means that they will have to pay only half of the actual unit charges.
- No permission from the landlords – The tenants will not have to acquire any permission declaration from the landlords to apply for this innovative scheme.
Eligibility for application
- People residing in Delhi – The scheme will only benefit the applicants who live within the limits of Delhi.
- For tenants only – It is a scheme that targets the betterment of the tenants. If the applicant does not live as a legal tenant in the home of a landlord, then he/she will not attain the benefits of the scheme.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – If the person living on rent wants a separate meter, then he/she need to submit the address of the house, where he/she is currently staying.
- Tenant agreement document – It is mandatory for the tenants to submit a copy of the tenant-landlord agreement document. The documents must highlight the name of the landlord, tenant and the other important aspects.
- Identification document of the tenant – The tenant must possess his/her Aadhar card for making necessary background checks.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
The Delhi government has just announced the scheme. The Chief Minister has not said anything about the rollout date of the project. He also did not mention anything about the registration process through which, the interested tenants can activate the installation of the pre-paid meter. But he did mention that the candidates must get in touch with the respective power company to complete the enrollment process. Once the state authority comes up with any updates, you will get the details on our website.
Paying the hefty power bills was a burden on the tenants in Delhi. While they were paying the cost for per unit power that they consumed, the landlords received the perks of the power subsidy. With the implementation of this scheme, the tenants will no longer have to pay any extra charges, fixed by the landlord. Additionally, it also makes it easy for the tenants to attain the subsidy that they deserve.
Other links –
- Kayaka Loan Scheme in Karnataka
- Mukhyamantri Vyapari Samuhik Niji Durghatna Beema Haryana
- दिल्ली जय भीम मुख्यमंत्री प्रतिभा विकास योजना फॉर्म
- Delhi Free Wi-Fi scheme