Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana @ nrhm-mcts.nic.in/
The need to promote the health and wellbeing of the mother is as important as that of ensuring the health of the child. To ensure that all pregnant ladies get the care and nutrition they deserve, the state government has implemented the Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana. Under this, all selected pregnant candidates will acquire financial assistance from the authority.
Launch details of the scheme
The announcement of the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana has been done during September 2017. It was declared by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath. Although the central government has similar schemes for ensuring the health of pregnant women, the implementation of the scheme will only add to the advantages, which the expecting mothers will get. The monitoring of the program will be done under the Health and Family Welfare Department of the state. The details can be acquired from the link http://nrhm-mcts.nic.in/
Key features of the scheme
- Providing monetary assistance to the expecting mothers – With the implementation of the scheme, the selected candidates will be given financial assistance from the coffers of the state government.
- Promoting health and wellbeing of the mother and the child – With the money, the members of the family will be able to provide the expecting mother with adequate nutrition and medical assistance.
- Financial assistance – It has been mentioned in the draft that all selected candidates stand a chance of acquiring Rs. 5000 from the state government, during the pregnancy and after the child has been born.
- Payment made in installments – To ensure that the mother gets proper care before and after the child birth and also to secure the health of the child, the financial assistance will be provide in installments, over a period of time.
- Acquiring benefits under Janani Suraksha Yojana – Apart from getting the monetary assistance from the Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana, the candidates will also be eligible to get an amount of Rs. 1400 as under the Janani Suraksha Yojana.
- Payment in bank – The money will not be given to the mother in cash. The specific amount will be transferred into the respective account of the woman, during each installment.
Installment details of the scheme
- First Installment – When any pregnant woman gets her name registered with the ANM or any government health center, then the state will provide the first installment of Rs. 1000. The money will be released in the name of the ANM and they will forward it to the woman.
- Second Installment – The second installment is of Rs. 2000. This installment will be transferred directly to the account of the pregnant candidate once the required tests have been done at the health center, after the period of six months.
- Third Installment – The third and last installment of Rs. 2000 will be deposited into the bank account of the candidate after the child is born and all scheduled vaccinations, post six months, have been administered.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- Resident of the state – The CM of state has mentioned that the financial benefits will only be provided to the pregnant women who are residents of the state. Only the women who have residential documents will be able to apply.
- Poor and needy classes – The implementation of the scheme has been done for assisting the pregnant women in the rural areas. Those who fall in the poor and backward category will be given preference under the scheme.
- First born only – It has been mentioned in the draft of the new scheme that the benefit can be acquired only once. It means that all selected candidates will get the financial assistance for the first born child only.
- Must be registered with ANM agencies – To acquire the financial benefits under the scheme, the pregnant women need to get their names registered in the ANM or the Anganwadi centers. The child must be delivered in any government hospital or medical center.
- An active bank account – As the financial transactions will be made through the bank account, it is mandatory that the beneficiary has an active bank account. The account must be seeded with the Aadhar Card accordingly.
Implementation process of the scheme
- For the implementation of the welfare scheme, the state government will require the assistance of the ANM agencies or the Anganwadi centers.
- It will be the task of the ANM workers to encourage the pregnant women in getting their names registered under the scheme. Once the registration has been done by filling and submitting the application form, it will be forwarded to the respective department.
- Once the verification has been done, the first installment will be sent via the ANM centers.
- The tests will be done after six months in the health care centers and the positive results will be recorded. Only then will the second installment will be released.
- Once the child has been born and has attained the age of six months, the parents need to ensure that the infant has received all prescribed vaccinations. Once all vaccinations have been completed and recorded, the final installment will be released.
The state government aims at reaching out to as many pregnant women as possible with the implementation of the scheme. With increased financial support, the authority will be able to ensure healthy future, both for the mother and the child.