Grama/Ward (Gram Panchayat) Volunteer Recruitment in AP 2019-20 [Online Application Form Download, Start-Last date, Check Eligibility Criteria, Schedule]
Development of both urban and rural areas is the responsibility of the state government. People, living in villages do not have proper access to information, and thus, they are left out of the welfare schemes. To ensure that rural people get the benefits easily, the Andhra Pradesh government had implemented the Grama or Ward Volunteer scheme. Now the online registration process has also started via the official portal. In this article, you will read about the features, important dates, and eligibility and application procedure-related details.
|Name of the scheme||Grama or Ward Volunteer Registration Application|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||May 2019|
|Launch date||June 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Villagers of the state|
|Grama or Ward Volunteer registration starts on||23rd June 2019|
|Grama or Ward Volunteer registration ends on||5th July|
|Post selection interview round starts on||11th July 2019|
|End date of the personal interview round||25th July 2019|
|Issuance of intimation letters||1st August 2019|
|Training program for Grama or Ward Volunteers starts on||5th August 2019|
|Training program for Grama or Ward Volunteers ends on||10th August 2019|
|Announcement of posting-related details||15th August 2019|
Key features of the scheme
- Bridging information gap – The state government takes several developmental schemes for the backward people, especially those who live on rural and interior areas. But these people do not have information channels to gain access to these details. With the appointment of Grama or Ward volunteers, the Andhra Pradesh government will be able to bride this information divide.
- Informing villages about state welfare scheme – Apart from offering detailed report of the village development, these Grama or Ward volunteers will disseminate scheme-related information. When the people are aware of the schemes, implemented for their betterment, they will be encouraged to apply and attain the benefits.
- To ensure eligible candidate get the benefits – These Grama or Ward volunteers will have all scheme-related details. Thus, they will be able to check the eligibility of the interested people and guide them accordingly.
- Number of Grama or Ward Volunteer posts – During the announcement of the project, the CM has highlighted that the government will appoint as many as 4 lakh Grama or Ward volunteers.
- Remuneration of the volunteers – The Grama or Ward volunteers will have to put in a lot of hard work for paving the path for the betterment of the rural folks. For their service, these Grama or Ward volunteers will attain a monthly salary of Rs. 5000.
- The Grama or Ward volunteers will have to put in a lot of hard work for paving the path for the betterment of the rural folks. For their service, these Grama or Ward volunteers will attain a monthly salary of Rs. 5000.
- Tenure of induction program – To carry out their duties properly, the Grama or Ward volunteers will require some training. The induction training sessions will be organized by the state government. These induction programs will span over two days.
- Volunteer and household ratio – The CM has decided that one Grama or Ward volunteer will be posted for every 50 households in the village areas.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Resident of the state – Only the legal residents of Andhra Pradesh will be able to partake in the Grama or Ward volunteer’s project. Applicants must keep their authorized residential documents handy during the application process.
- Residents of the particular village – The CM said during his oath ceremony that the Grama or Ward volunteers must be the resident of the particular village. If he/she applies to become the volunteer of another village, then the application will be turned down.
- Academic qualification – For normal villages, the academic criterion for becoming a Grama or Ward volunteer the interested candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination. However, this requirement changes if the applicant lives in tribal or agency areas. For such areas, the minimum educational qualification must be 10th standard. Photocopies if the mark sheets will be necessary for supporting the educational claims of the applicants.
- Age-related criterion – It has been mentioned in the eligibility form that only those applicants, who are 18 years or above but not more than 35 years, will be able to enroll for the post of Grama or Ward volunteer. Thus, interested candidates need to submit their age proof certificate.
- Reservation for female volunteers – Among the total number of volunteer posts, the CM has directed that 50% of the seats will be kept aside for female applicants.
- ID proof – Interested applicants, who are applying for the Grama or Ward volunteer scheme, must have their personal identification documents. They must have their Aadhar and voter cards.
How to get registration form and apply?
- After the CM declared that the recruitment of Grama or Ward Volunteer will take place for better governance in the village and remote areas, he also mentioned that the application process will be carried out online. The state government has already launched a new portal for the assistance of interested applicants.
- To get to the official portal for registration, applicants need to click on the link http://gramavolunteer3.ap.gov.in.
- As the site opens, candidates will see different tabs on the top of the page. The second tab from the left is marked as “Apply Now.”
- It will trigger the application portal to bring up an instruction box. Applicants must read the instructions and then click on the button that is marked as “I Accept.”
- Then the eligibility checking box will come up on the screen. The interested candidates will have to type in the name of their residential area, academic qualification and the birth date.
- After typing in these details, applicants must click on the green button that is marked as “Check”
- It will trigger the portal to check the eligibility of the candidate. If he/she matches the requirement criteria, the login section will come up. To log in on the site successfully, applicants need to type in their Aadhar codes.
- After this, candidates must click on the button that is marked as “Send OTP.” The OTP code will be sent to the mobile number that is linked with the Aadhar card.
- Applicants will gain proper validation only after typing in the OTP in the proper field.
- After the completion of the validation process, applicants will be able to gain access to the digitized application form.
- This document has several fields. Some of these sections are pre-filled, while the others must be filled in by the applicant.
- After filling in the necessary details, applicants need to select the necessary scanned proof documents and upload them.
- It will conclude the application form fill-up process, and then candidates must click on the “Submit” button to save this digitized enrollment document.
- Verification will be done by the state government officials, and then the authority will upload the beneficiary list, preferably on the same site.
How to check the beneficiary list?
Once the preliminary Grama or Ward volunteer list will be ready, the government officials will call the selected applicants for a personal interview. The applicants to clear this interview round will be able to work as a volunteer. The final beneficiary list will be uploaded on the scheme website. A separate “Beneficiary Status Check” link may be added for the convenience of the applicants. Nothing has been finalized for this. Once the state authority makes necessary announcements, you will get the information on this link.
The unique step will help the state authority to keep tab on the developmental requirements of the specific villages. The Grama or Ward volunteers will need to submit reports of their tasks for evaluation. These reports will be scrutinized to ensure that the right people are getting the benefits of the state welfare schemes.
Other links –
- Sunetra Scheme Odisha
- Free Laptop Bhagya Scheme In Karnataka
- YSR Amma Vodi Scheme in AP
- YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme AP List