Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019-20 [Eligibility Criteria, Health Card Status Check, Application Form Online Download, Hospital list, Surgery list]
Free treatment for needy people is not a new scheme in Andhra Pradesh. A similar scheme was launched for the first time in 2014. The name of this scheme is Rajiv Aarogyasri. During 2016, the then Andhra Pradesh was split to form Telangana. As the new authority of Telangana decided to run the scheme with the original name, Andhra Pradesh government launched the scheme with a new name, Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva. Now, Reddy government has decided to improve the scheme guidelines and re-launch it under the name Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme. In this write up, you will learn about the features, eligibility and document related details.
|Name of the scheme||Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of recent announcement||June 2019|
|Announcement Venue||Tadepalli Camp|
|Former name of the scheme||Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva Scheme|
|Original dare of announcement||2016|
|Target beneficiaries||Low and middle income households|
|Supervised by||Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Health improvement – The main motto of this project is to offer ‘health for all.’ Rich people can afford proper treatment, but the same is not true for the families, which fall in the middle and low income groups. This medical welfare scheme will help the people in need.
- Meeting medical expenses – Applicants, who need to shell out more than Rs. 1000 for their treatments, will be able to apply for this scheme. It will increase the number of beneficiaries.
- Medical coverage for families – Both poor and middle-income households will be able to apply for free treatment. Earlier, it was only for the families, which fell under the poverty line.
- Insurance renewal facility – The state government will offer this medical insurance coverage to the beneficiaries for one year. When the new financial year sets in, interested applicants will be able apply for an insurance renewal.
- Listed hospitals – The selected beneficiaries can take admission in the government hospitals. Some of the private nursing homes have also been roped in by the state government to offer medical treatment. Applicants will get free treatment in these medical institutes.
- Increase in salary of ASHA workers – The salary of the ASHA workers is a matter that is looked after the state government. The CM pointed out that ASHA workers form the bridge between the needy people in rural and urban areas. Thus, they must be given the respect and remuneration they deserve. The salary scale of these medical welfare workers has been increased from Rs. 3000 to a whopping Rs. 10000.
- Development of medical facilities – During the former implementation of the scheme, the state government highlighted that its aim was the overall improvement of the medical sector in the state. With some changes in the scheme, the medical welfare scheme will help more households.
- List of diseases – The scheme covers most secondary and tertiary disease. The scheme highlights a list of diseases, which will be treated free of cost. Majority of the serious ailments have been mentioned in this list.
- Medical card – All beneficiaries will get a medical card from the state government. During hospitalization, beneficiaries will have to produce this health card and get admission and treatment free of cost. Apart from this around 1040 operations have also been included in this list.
AP senior citizen can apply for pension under YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential requirement – The scheme will be funded, operated and implemented by the Andhra Pradesh government. It implies that only legal residents of this region will acquire the free medical treatment. So, interested applicants will have to furnish their legal residential papers.
- Income related criterion – Only those middle income families will be allowed to enroll for the free treatment that have an annual family income of Rs. 5 lakhs or less. To support this claim, applicants need to attach a legal income certificate with the enrollment form.
- BPL families – Keeping in line with the previous scheme, the poor families will continue to get the benefits. For this, new applicants who fall in the BPL category must attach their BPL certificate with the enrollment document.
- Medical papers – To highlight that the beneficiaries’ medical expenditure is more than Rs. 1000, candidates need to attach their medical papers and prior test reports.
- Identity proof – During the application, candidates must attach the photocopies of their identity proofs. The copy of the Aadhar card will be recognized by the state government.
How to apply and get application form?
When the scheme was implemented for the first time, the only mode of application available to the people was offline. Now that the state has announced the re-launch of this scheme under a new name, it is expected that there will be some changes in the enrollment process as well. However, the CM has not mentioned anything about the application process. The state government may launch a separate website that will increase beneficiary convenience. Beneficiaries will have to wait for some time to get the application related updates. As soon as the state authority makes any official announcements regarding this, you will be the first to know about it on this website.
Medical facilities play an essential role in the overall development of any state. If common people do not get proper medical assistance and treatment in the state, they need to travel to other states. It is not only dangerous, but also expensive. Apart from offering free treatment to needy applicants, the CM also mentioned that he will ensure that number of doctors and properly trained medical staffs are increased to meet the growing needs.
CM Reddy launch YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme for farmers. Under this scheme farmers will get 12,500 rs yearly.
Other links –
- YSR Cheyutha Scheme in AP
- YSR Amma Vodi Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana In Punjab Card Status
- All Child Schemes in India