Ayushman Bharat – Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana (AB-MGRSBY) 2019-20 [Application Form Online, Eligibility Criteria, Hospital List, How to apply, FAQ]
A medical insurance scheme, offering cashless treatment to the poor people of Rajasthan was already in place. But the new state authority, under the leadership of Ashok Gehlot scrapped it and replaced it with the Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Health Insurance Scheme. The final aim of this scheme is also to offer free treatment to those who fall in the financially weaker sections. In this article, you will get a glimpse of the features and eligibility of this scheme.
Name of the scheme
Ayushman Bharat – Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana (AB-MGRSBY)
Part of the flagship scheme
PM Jan Arogya Yojana or PM-JAY
Date of announcement
Official launch of the scheme
Needy people of the state
Former scheme that now stands scrapped
Bhamashah Swasthya Yojana
Key features Ayushman Bharat – Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Ensuring the development of health sector –
The present Rajasthan government wants to upgrade the medical facilities. Additionally, it wants to make these treatment facilities readily available to the needy people. Thus, the old scheme has been scrapped and a new project plan has been charted out.
- Cashless treatment for the needy –
The beneficiaries of this scheme can attain treatment at specified hospitals. As for the medical expenses, the Rajasthan government will reimburse the bills.
- Medical insurance amount –
The CM is yet to declare the medical coverage amount that the beneficiaries will receive. However, speculations suggest that it can range between Rs. 2 lakhs and Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Validity of the insurance policy –
The validity of the cashless medical insurance policy will get over after one year. A new premium payment will activate the scheme for the successive year.
- Premium payment –
Poor people of the state cannot pay the high premium for medical insurances. So, the Rajasthan government has stepped in for their assistant here as well. The necessary money will be contributed from the state coffers.
- Listed private and government hospitals –
Though the scheme will be applicable on most government hospitals, not all private nursing homes will be roped in for this scheme. The Rajasthan government will publish a list of empaneled treatment centers soon.
- Treatment packages –
The health department will create numerous treatment packages for this free medical care scheme. These packages will also include the tests, surgeries and post-treatment check-ups.
- Estimated beneficiaries –
State estimates suggest that around 1 crore families will come under the protective umbrella of this scheme. After the scheme implementation is in full swing, the number will go up to 1.10 crore.
Eligibility Criteria for Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Resident of Rajasthan – It is mandatory for the applicants to be legal and permanent residents of this state. Otherwise, they will be barred from attaining the cashless treatment.
- BPL and EWS categories – The scheme has been primarily announced to offer medical facilities to those who fall in the BPL and EWS categories.
- No bar on member count – The scheme does not come with any capping on the family member number. Both small and big households will be allowed to attain the cashless treatment as long as they fulfill other criteria.
- No caste bar – The Rajasthan government has stressed on the fact that every member of the community has the right to attain proper medical treatments. Their caste must not determine their eligibility.
Documents necessary for AB-MGRSBY
- Residential proof – Every interested applicant must showcase any of the legal documents, which highlight that the person is a permanent resident of this state.
- ID proof – For proper identification and background checking, applicants must have their Aadhar cards, along with voter and ration cards.
- BPL certificate – If any interested applicant wants to apply, then he/she must furnish the BPL or EWS certificate. These certificates are issued by the state government.
How to apply for Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana (Registration Process)
- Registered SECC 2011 data list –
As mentioned in the Ayushman Bharat Mission, applicants, who are already registered under the SECC 2011 Data list, will automatically become beneficiaries of this health insurance scheme.
- Offline registration –
But applicants need to go to the nearest government hospital to complete the registration filing process.
- Documents necessary for application –
The applicant must bring the Aadhar and the Bhamashah cards.
- Ayushman Mitra Kiosk –
At the government hospital, the candidate will see a special Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Swasthya Bima Kiosk.
- Ayushman Mitra –
A person will be assigned to this kiosk. It is the responsibility of this agent to complete the applicant’s enrollment.
- Submission of documents –
The applicant must handover the documents to the agent.
- Details scrutiny –
He/she will check the database and ensure the eligibility of the interested candidates.
- Online enrollment form fill-up –
After this, the agent will open an online form and type in the details of the person.
- Applicant’s data –
Once the application form has been filled in with correct details, it will be saved in the state’s database.
- Registration code generation –
The site will generate a registration number and this concludes the registration process.
- Medical card –
After this, the agent will issue a scheme card in the name of the applicant.
- Scheme card issuance –
He/she will get a print out of this card and hand it over to the registered beneficiary.
- Obtaining the scheme perks –
The beneficiary can get all free medical treatment facilities at the listed hospitals by producing the scheme Medical card.
All the households, which have been registered under the SECC 2011 data list, will be able to attain the benefits of this health insurance scheme?
Yes! All families will come under the BPL and EWS category will also attain the perks of this insurance project.
Bhamashah card – Applicants need to show their Bhamashah card during application process.
Aadhar card – Applicant must possess their Aadhar cards for registration.
Ayushman Bharat permission slip – Beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat scheme can produce their scheme documents for registration.
Interested applicants can collect their Ayushman Bharat scheme permission slip from E-Mitra kiosks.
In case the applicant has the Aadhar card but does not have the Bhamashah card, he/she must get to the nearest e-Mitra Kiosk and get the Bhamashah card issued as soon as possible.
The applicants must link the Bhamashah card with their 23 digit Aadhar Card number. The same must be linked with the ration card.
Applicants can click on the official site link and get scheme related details. They can also submit their complaints on this portal.
No. Only those who live in the state can apply for this scheme.
No. For the time being, applicants can get the medical benefits till the end of 12th Dec.
Applicants need to carry their Aadhar Cards and Bhamashah Cards to the hospitals.
Beneficiaries can go to the hospitals and attain free medical treatment for 21 specialized treatment packages. These packages include a total of 1401 disease.
The state-run and aided government hospitals will come under the scheme. The state government has also specified the names of some private treatment institutes, where beneficiaries can attain free treatment as per the guidelines of the scheme.
No. The patients will not have to pay any money to the hospitals before, during or after the treatment.
If the registered patient is suffering from a minor sickness, then he/she will receive Rs. 30,000 coverage. If the patient is suffering from a serious illness, then he/she will be entitled to receive Rs. 3 lakhs treatment coverage.
The new medical welfare scheme has been revised by the state health department. It increases the potential of the project to help those, who are in need of proper treatment. Generally, poor or financial weaker sections of the community do not go to private nursing homes as the treatment charges are very steep. With this scheme in place, the situation will change for sure. The state government will soon come out with the rest of the project related details. The CM said he will personally see to it that the scheme generates successful outcome.
Other links –
- Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Scheme Telangana
- Mother Teresa Asahaya Matri Sambal Yojana in HP
- Udyog Mitra Portal Rajasthan
- मुख्यमंत्री आवास योजना राजस्थान लिस्ट