AP YSR Nethanna Hastham Nestham Scheme 2020-21 [Eligibility, Application Form, Financial Aid to handloom weavers]
With increased production in cloth mills in Andhra Pradesh, there has been a decrease in the demand for traditional handloom clothes. This has resulted in poor conditions of the handloom cloth weavers. However, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has come up with a new scheme through which it will offer financial assistance to the handloom weavers. Under the YSR Nethanna Nestham scheme, only the registered handloom weavers will be given grants yearly. Read the following part of the article to know more details about the entitled scheme.
|Name of the scheme||AP YSR Nethanna Hastham Nestham Scheme|
|Scheme has been launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Scheme has been launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Target group||Handloom weavers|
|Scheme has been supervised by||Andhra Pradesh State government|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of handloom weavers – The main aim of the scheme is to help improve the financial condition of traditional weavers. Therefore, as per the rules of the scheme, the weavers will be given financial assistance as social security.
- Total amount of grant – To each handloom weaver, a total of rupee 24000 will be given yearly. Only the beneficiaries of the scheme will receive the grant money.
- Money transfer in bank – The money promised as per scheme rules will be directly credited in the linked bank account of the beneficiary.
- Annual financial assistance–The CM of the state is of the opinion that the financial help will be given to the weavers annually.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Residents of the state – only the residents of the state can apply under the scheme and avail benefits. Applicants should be legal residents of the state.
- BPL applicants –The handloom weavers belonging to the BPL category can get the scheme perks.
- Bank account holders – The applicant should have an active bank account in which they can receive the beneficiary amount. This is mandatory to get the scheme perks.
- Registered with handloom association – The weavers who wish to get the scheme benefits should be registered with state handloom associations. Otherwise, they cannot get financial help.
- Only handloom weavers – The above-said scheme has been designed in such a way that it will benefit only the handloom weavers by providing them financial help.
Documents required –
- Identification proof – Applicants have to offer relevant identification documents like Aadhaar card, voter ID card, and others at the time of applying for the scheme benefits. This will be required in support of the claim that the applicant makes.
- Residential documents – As only the legal and permanent residents of the state can become part of the above said scheme, an official document of identification proof should be given at the time of registration.
- Registration certificate – The applicants interested to avail the scheme benefits should produce a suitable registration certificate. It must be issued by state handloom association.
- BPL certificate –The BPL applicants should provide a BPL certificate at the time of registration in support of their justification. This should be submitted at the time of online registration for the scheme.
- Bank account details – The financial grant will be given through DBT mode, therefore, applicant should provide bank account details. The grant money will be directly credited in the linked bank account. Therefore, details like bank account number, IFSC code and other relevant details should be given.
How to apply and get registration form ?
Since the above-said scheme is a newly launched one by the state government, the online portal and the procedure of online application are yet to come. The details of the online application process will be soon updated on the online portal. For this, the applicants have to stay updated. As soon as it comes out, the beneficiaries will be the first to know about the updated information relating to the scheme.
Therefore, it can be expected that with successful implementation of the scheme, it will help to improve the financial condition of traditional handloom weavers. With the grant money received, the weavers can get the modern tools that will help to increase production of handloom clothes.