Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Scheme Telangana 2019-20 [Eligibility, Application Form Online Download, FAQ, Health Card, Renewal, Helpline, Status, Hospital List]
Medical expenditure can give a person sleepless nights. But one cannot ignore a serious aliment, and must take the necessary measures to attain proper treatment. However, poor individuals cannot afford the high treatment charges. The Chief Minister of Telangana is all set to offer free medical treatment to the poor and needy. For this, his government has designed and launched a scheme, called the Aarogyasri Scheme. The beneficiaries of this health development scheme will get free treatment for serious ailments at listed hospitals. The treatment cost will be paid by the state government. Here, you will read about the key features, eligibility, documents needed and application procedure.
Launch details of Free Health Insurance Scheme
Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Scheme
K. Chandrashekar Rao
2014 – 2015
BPL applicants in the state
Key features of the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Scheme
- Development of medical facilities – As the state government will pay the listed hospitals, these treatment centers will be encouraged to serve more people. It will not only pave the path for the development of the medical sector in the state, but poor people will acquire much-needed treatment.
- Medical insurance scheme – It is a medical insurance scheme for the poor people that guarantee availability of proper treatment, at the listed hospitals, free of cost.
- Number of beneficiaries – The state estimate highlights that around 70 lakh households have already been included in this scheme. The number is expected to go up in the times to come.
- Treatment available at all hours – The listed hospitals will be bound to offer the required services to the beneficiaries at all hours.
- Insurance amount – Each year, the beneficiary or one or more members of his/her family will get free treatment that sums up to Rs. 2 lakhs on an annual basis.
- Additional insurance coverage – If any of the beneficiaries require additional treatment coverage, then the state government may offer an additional financial assistance of Rs. 50,000.
- Cashless treatment – The primary motive for the launch of this scheme was to ensure that the poor people get access to free and proper medical assistance.
- State government will pay the premium – As this is a medical insurance scheme, a premium must be paid at a regular interval to keep the policy active. The Telangana government will pay the insurance premium on behalf of the beneficiary.
- Free food – The food that is to be served to the patient, while he/she is in the hospital will not be charged from him/her. The hospital will pay for these meals.
- Free transportation – If the patient needs to be transported to a city hospital from a remote area, then the beneficiary will get money from the hospital to arrange for the necessary transportations.
- Access to follow-up checks – Once the beneficiary has completed the treatment course; he/she need to come to the medical center for follow-up checks. The scheme draft highlights that beneficiaries will not have to pay any more for these checkups.
- Number of diseases covered under the scheme – 949 secondary and tertiary diseases have been included in the list. Additionally, therapy and organ transplant medical procedures have also been included in the chart.
- Scheme mobile app – For better convenience of the beneficiaries, the Telangana government has already launched a mobile application for this scheme. Beneficiaries can check the scheme updates, search for the nearest listed hospital and get directions as well through this app.
- Listed hospitals only – Beneficiaries can go to both government hospitals and private nursing homes to acquire proper treatment. But they must make sure that the name of the preferred hospital is enlisted under this scheme. Only empaneled hospitals will be allowed to give the service.
Eligibility Criteria of Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Scheme Telangana
- Permanent residents of Telangana – The state government has implemented this scheme only for the betterment of those residents, who stay in this state legally and permanently.
- Financially weak sections – In case the applicant falls under other financial weak or very weak categories, he/she can apply for the perks, if they possess the right documents.
- People registered under the BPL category – It has been clearly highlighted in the scheme draft that only those applicants, who are registered under the BPL category, will get the opportunity to attain these benefits.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof documents – Every applicant must bring with him/her an official document that highlights that he/she is a legal and permanent resident of Telangana.
- BPL certificate – Only those, who possess their BPL certificates, will be allowed to become a part of this health development scheme.
- Aadhar card – It is imperative that the applicant carries his/her Aadhar card, along with the voter and ration cards for identification checks.
- Income certificate – As the scheme is for those who fall in the financially weaker categories, applicants must produce their annual income certificate.
How to get registration for and apply for the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust scheme
- No Need to Enrollment
Most BPL candidates do not have access or knowledge of the internet. Every registered BPL card hold will be automatically enrolled under this health insurance project.
- Go to Nearest Hospital
The enrollment will be done in the nearest government hospital, where a separate counter will be opened for the registration of interested candidates under the Aarogyasri Scheme.
- Submit Documents
Applicants must carry the photocopies of the necessary documents along with the originals.
- Arogya Mithra
The Aarogyamithra will be at the counter. He will check the documents and search for the data on the software.
- Fill Application Form
Once the background check is complete, the agent will feed in the details of the applicant in the digitized software-operated application form. Then he/she will save and submit the form.
- White/Health Card
After this, a beneficiary card will be issued by the software.
- Print Out
The agent will print it out and hand it over to the applicant. It will conclude the registration procedure.
- Beneficiary Pass
When the beneficiary or any member of the family will require medical treatment, he/she need to produce the beneficiary pass at the hospital’s reception counter.
How hospitals can apply for empanelment?
- Both government and private medical treatment centers need to apply to become a part of this state scheme.
- Hospital authority will have to click on the Aarogyasri Scheme Telangana Official Portal.
- Here, they will see another link that is marked as “Online Application for Empanelment of Hospitals”
- After clicking on this link, a new page will open. Here hospital authority will get the details of people who are associated with the monitoring of this project.
- Once they finish reading this, they must click on the button that is marked as “Ok”
- It will open another page, where the eligibility list for the hospitals is given in details.
- If the particular hospital has the necessary eligibilities, then the authority can proceed for the online application.
- For this, the person must fill in a digitized application form, by highlighting all the details.
- Then the person needs to click on the “Submit” button to save the application.
Ans: Beneficiaries can reach out to the nearest Primary Health Care center, district and area hospitals for necessary treatment.
Ans: The scheme will be implemented by the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust.
Ans: The Aarogyamithra will be given a special uniform, with the name of the health scheme, stitched it.
Ans: The Aarogyamithra has the responsibility to fill in the necessary papers during the admission of the beneficiary in the hospital.
Ans: The Aarogyamithra will work with close association with MEDCO for better implementation of the scheme.
Ans: The Aarogyamithra will prepare the documents during the patient’s discharge.
Ans: The beneficiaries need to bring the Scheme Card to the hospital.
Ans: Beneficiaries need not pay any money for the initial clinical tests. Everything will be covered by the package.
Ans: It is the responsibility of the Network Hospitals in the area to organize free health care camps in all villages.
Ans: It is the duty of the Chief Medical Auditor of this scheme trust to organize Medical Audits from time to time.
Ans: The scheme allows the beneficiaries to lodge a complaint against a hospital that has not offered the correct treatment.
Ans: Any beneficiary can walk up to the Aarogyamithra for registering his/her complaint.
Ans: In some cases, if deemed necessary, the hospital can apply for a treatment related authorization in advance.
The launch of this scheme has given BPL candidates a new hope. They can now avail free medical treatment at the designated hospitals, without worrying about the massive treatment bills. The state government is already thinking of including more diseases under the scheme to widen its beneficial quotient.
Other links –
- Employment Exchange Registration Online
- Kanyashree Scheme in West Bengal 2019
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme Benefits
- Telangana Double Bedroom Scheme Eligibility