Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan | Digital Literacy Scheme
As the entire nation is looking towards the digital usage due to the guidelines and PM’s suggestion, now the cabinet of union approves the whooping amount as budget for the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA). The current central government of India led by Mr. Modi strongly believes the by educating people of India particularly from the rural areas will create a positive impact on the digital usages. With the intention of the providing digital literacy among the people of Indian rural villages the scheme is about to be implemented very soon.
It is one of the biggest teaching digital teaching program in world with the target of teaching several crore village people and to those who unaware of using digital technologies. One can say this scheme came to limelight right after the cash less dream of India’s prime minister who recently implemented the ban of Indian higher value currency notes with the intention of hitting the black money holders all across the nation.
The scheme got attention ever since the finance minister Mr. Arun Jaitely hinted about the literacy of digital technologies in the rural areas while addressing him budget session in the house. This special literacy scheme for the rural people of India is divided into several sectors so that it can be easily implemented all over the existing 2.5 lakh panchayats across the nation.
Benefits of this digital literacy scheme
With the introduction of this literacy scheme, people from the rural areas can able to learn the latest digital technologies with the educated people enjoying all over the world. Under the training provided by this scheme, the rural people able to access the computers, smart phones and so, the main intention of this teaching scheme is to teach the people about the importance and easiness of doing cashless transaction.
In order to break the myth of cashless India is impossible from the opposition party and as well as from the several social workers/reformers across the nation, the scheme was introduced with such huge investment.
Key points of the PMGDISHA
- Under this newly introduced digital literacy scheme, is it predicted that the government plans to teach over 6 crore families from the rural areas of all the states of the nation.
- For the making this scheme as the successful one, the central government has granted the whooping budget of over 2.3k Crore for making rural people aware of the digital literacy.
- This digital teaching scheme would mainly focus on driving people toward the digital payment system and to learn about accessing computers and smart phones which are essential for performing cashless transactions.
- By keeping the deadline as the end of the financial year 2018 – 2019, the scheme was implemented with the target to achieve about teaching over 600 Lakh families.
- With the help of this digital learning scheme, the candidates who completed the courses successfully would able to perform basis computer operations and able to access the latest gadgets like tablets, smart phones and so.
- In addition to those electronic gadget accessing abilities, the candidates would be able to so access the internet in such a way that they can perform the simple search operations for improving their learning skills.
- For the governance of the scheme progress, the central government will fix special team by combining the Ministry and electronics and IT, where the responsible persons will supervise the scheme activity in state and territory wise.