The process to change name of girl child in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
To change the name of the girl child under the SSY, the girl or the guardian (in case of the account holder is less than 10 years) should visit the post office or the bank from where the account has been opened. An affidavit and relevant proof of change of name of the girl child is to be carried along with all relevant documents – Birth certificate of the child, address proof, identity proof and documents of the SSY account. In addition, of change, of name, one can also transfer the account anywhere in India from one Post Office/ Bank to another.
Key features of Sukanya Samridhhi Yojana:
- One girl one account scheme which can be opened till the age of 10 years and tenure of deposit is 21 years from the date of deposit.
- A natural (father/ mother) or legal guardian can open the account on the girl’s behalf.
- This scheme is only up to two girl children. In case the first birth has three girl children or the second birth has got two twin girl children, then only all three girls can open account otherwise not.
- In a financial year the minimum deposit must be Rs. 1000 and the maximum is Rs. 1.5 Lakhs. Deposit can be done through cash/ cheque, Demand Draft or online.
- The interest rate is compounded annually. The current rate is 9.20%.
- Irregular payment can be clarified by paying a penalty of Rs. 50 per year.
For more information regarding Sukanya Samridhhi Yojana, visit:
Sukanya Samridhhi Yojana is a small deposit scheme launched by the Govt. Of India.It is a one girl one account scheme, i.e. multiple accounts cannot be opened in the name of one girl. This SSY account can be opened under the name of a girl child till she attains an age of 10 years. The account will get closed if the girl child attains the age of 21 years or she gets married after 1 attaining 18 years. The amount deposited in this scheme has got full tax benefits under Sec. 80c of Income Tax Act, 1961 (till maximum of 1.5 lakh). The girl child may operate her account after attaining the age of 10 years, which also gives her financial independence.
Other SSY Article